- Provides general pain relief
- Accuracy of a digital TENS
- Intuitive control of an analogue unit
- Simple settings and strength controls
- Relieves built-up muscle tension
- Can be used several times a day
TENS is recommended throughout the world by pain clinics and physiotherapy departments. Not only does TENS reduce your pain, it can also help you to reduce your need for painkillers. TENS is simply a means of stimulating your body's own natural defences against pain.
The electrode pads are usually placed near the source of the pain. Your TENS unit sends a very small electric current through the skin. This stimulates the sensory nerves with a strong signal that will replace the pain signal travelling up the spine to the brain. This is known as the "pain Gate". In the pain Gate mode, TENS provides relief while it is switched on. The tingling/pins and needles sensation that you experience competes with the painful signals.
TENS can be used several times a day. At low Pulse Rate settings, TENS causes a release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killing substances, which relaxes and relieves your pain. In Endorphin Release mode, the relief builds up over as much as 40 minutes and can last for up to 4 hours after the unit is turned off.
- TensCare Target TENS Pain Relief Unit
- 2 x Lead Wires
- 4 x 50mmx50mm superior self-adhesive electrode pads
- 2 x AA 1.5v Batteries
- Instructional Manual
- Storage Pouch