HPL hair removal
Difficult to product review at such an early stage, it arrived in excellent condition in timescale required. Will review once the recipient has had the 120 day trial. Thanks
We're adding this to your basket.
The Silk'n Jewel is the definition of a smart hair removal device. A more efficient solution than others, its automated pulse system speeds up your hair removal sessions. Only upon contact with your skin, the Silk'n Jewel emits a light flash to your skin. No continuous button-pressing necessary so you can glide over large areas or treat small areas. It also has a built-in Skin Colour Detector that analyses the colour of your skin. If your skin tone is too dark, it won't give off light pulses at a high level. And what's more, its free downloadable app helps you to keep track of your treatment plan. As well as ensuring you don't miss a session, you can confer with the app for all your questions too.
The Silk'n Jewel has five power settings that work with the automated pulse system. Each power level links to the frequency of the Home Pulsed Light (HPL). Level 1 is the lowest power level of HPL and is suitable for using on your skin after tanning. It gives off one light pulse per second. This is the fastest level. The higher the power level, the more effective your hair removal treatment is. Setting the Silk'n Jewel to level 5 means the device will give off one light pulse every 3.5 seconds. For the best result, this is the recommended setting. Boasting over 150,000 light pulses, the Silk'n Jewel can work on multiple areas like your bikini line or underarms, and has a treatment area of 3 cm. With this many light pulses, you don't have the expense of replacement cartridges.
Silk'n Jewel is not designed for everyone.
Hair removal by lasers or intense pulsed light sources can cause increased hair growth in some individuals. Based upon currently available data, the highest risk groups are females of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and South Asian heritage when used on the face and neck. For more information visit www.silkn.com
This device much not be used by the following people: children, adults with limited physical sensory or psychological capacities, or those lacking experience or knowledge in how to use the device. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device.
- Do not use energy levels 2-5 on tanned skin or after recent sun exposure (including artificial tanning machines).
- Do not expose treated areas to the sun.
- Never use around or near the eyes. The device emits infra-red (IR) light and may cause damage. Use only below the cheekbones.
- Do not use on areas with injected fills or toxins.
- Do not treat on tattoos or permanent make-up, dark brown or black spots (such as large freckles, moles or warts), nipples, genitals, around the anus or lips.
- Do not treat on active eczema, psoriasis, lesions, open wounds or infections (cold sores), abnormal skin conditions caused by systemic or metabolic diseases (diabetes for example).
- Abnormal skin conditions cause by diabetes, systemic or other metabolic diseases.
- Do not treat on an area that has a history of herpes outbreaks.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Do not treat on areas where you may want hair to grow.
- Do not treat the same area of skin more than once per hair removal season.
Stop use immediately if you see full redness of the skin, or if your skin blisters or burns.
Use a lower energy level if you experience any discomfort.
Never use flammable liquids such as alcohol (including perfumes, sanitizers or other applications containing alcohol) or acetone to clean the skin before use.
Keep away from water
Never leave the device unattended when plugged into an outlet.
Do not attempt to modify, open or repair your Silk'n Jewel device.
Do not use the device if the plug or accessories are not original, the device or cord has been damaged, you see or smell smoke when in use, the sensor or casing is cracked or broken.
A curated edit of our top beauty and skincare essentials.