Incontinence is a common problem for women, affecting their long term quality of life. Exercising the pelvic floor muscle is recognised as a way of preventing and treating symptoms of incontinence.
However many women are unable to perform pelvic floor exercises effectively. Elise helps by building the muscle strength and helping you learn how to control your muscles.
Stimulation strength gradually increases to make exercise comfortable, while a safety override feature ensures you are not overworked. Like many forms of exercise it may take some weeks to notice the benefit.
Elise is a discreet and compact pelvic floor exerciser designed for home use. It has programmes for Stress, Urge, and Mixed incontinence as well as sexual wellbeing.These programmes use clinically proven parameters and is suitable for women of all ages.
There are three types of incontinence: Stress, Urge, and Mixed.
Describes the involuntary leakage of urine when a person coughs,sneezes, strains or makes sudden movements. It is particularlycommon in women and occurs when the bladder neck and theother mechanisms that act to hold urine in the bladder are notworking properly.
Describes an overactive bladder. A person may experience a strongand sudden urge to go to the toilet but are not always able to holdon, or have to go so frequently that it becomes inconvenient.
Is a combination of both Stress and Urge Incontinence.
Advantages of the Elise
- It can reduce leakage not simply contain it
- It is Drug Free with no side effects
- It is Safe and Easy to use
- It is Discreet
- It may help to avoid surgery
- It may improve sexual intimacy
An internal probe is inserted into the vagina and operated using a hand-held Elise control unit.
The stimulator will exercise the pelvic floor muscle for you and users as they get used to the sensation should join in by contracting their pelvic floor muscles at the same time as the stimulation is felt to help re-educate the muscles in question.
Evidence suggests that optimum usage levels are 15 to 30 minutes daily we recommend you gradually build up to this level so as not to over exert the muscles.
- Elegant, slim line design with unique
Rechargeablle Li-Ion battery
- Simple controls with 4 preset programmes
- Backlit display
- Max intensity: 99.5mA zero to peak ve in steps of 0.5mA
- Total output limited to 25uC per pulse
- Adjustable timer for 10, 20, 30, 45, 60 and 90 minutes (defaults to 20 minutes)
- Programme Settings: STRESS, URGE, MIXED, TONE
- If you have a heart pacemaker or a heart rhythm problem
- If you are pregnant
- If you are using a copper coil contraceptive
- If you have been diagnosed or treated for cervical cancer
- If you have, or have had epilepsy
- Whilst driving, or during any activity in which involuntary muscle contractions may put the user at undue risk of injury
- If any discomfort occurs when inserting the probe, consult your G.P.
A weak pelvic floor can in some cases be an indication of a more serious condition. Consult your physician before use if you have a prolapse, infection, have had recent surgery, or have been treated for cervical cancer.If you have any concerns you should consult your G.P.