Why should I exercise my pelvic floor muscles?The pelvic floor muscle is like any other muscle in the body, it requires exercise to keep it strong and healthy. The muscle can become weak for a number of reasons; pregnancy, giving birth, age and or the menopause. It is this weakening that causes stress urinary continence.The itouch Sure, through a vaginal probe or pads, sends a gentle stimulation to your pelvic floor muscle using clinically recognised programmes.
Correctly performed pelvic floor exercises are vital in order to prevent stress urinary incontinence and can provide women within a greater level of satisfaction during sex.
30% of women who experience incontinence are unable to carry out their pelvic floor exercises naturally and correctly and require additional assistance. So if this is you, you are not alone! The itouch sure can help to locate the correct muscles and to exercise them.
Although pelvic floor exercises produce the best results, once your muscle has lost its tone it can be very difficult to do voluntary exercise properly. itouch Sure works your muscle for you and helps to develop your own muscle control. It is also possible to treat faecal incontinence in both males and females using an anal probe. If in doubt contact your continence adviser before using the itouch Sure.
Just use itouch Sure for 20 minutes every day. Like all forms of exercise, it may take some weeks for you to feel a benefit.
Complete with Liberty internal contact electrode for single patient use
itouch Sure Features:
- Comfortable Stimulation:
- The strength of the stimulation increases gradually, making the feeling verycomfortable and in your control.
Easy Start - One Touch Memory
- The itouch Sure has intelligent memory that enables the unit to remember the last programme and the strength setting used. At the press of only one button the strength level returns to 75% of the last level used.
Clinically tested programmes
- The programmes which have been presetinto the unit have been clinically tested andproven to be highly effective.
Safety Duration Override A safety override feature has been incorporated into the itouch SURE to ensure that the pelvic floor muscle is not overworked. This is set at twenty minutes, after which time the unit will switch off. It is possible to alter the time in order tocustomise the unit to your needs.
- The itouch Sure has a Usage Memorywhich shows the length of time that the unit has been in use and the average level of strength utilised.
itouch Sure User Manual
Things you should know before buying
itouch Sure Specifications:
- Max Intensity 100mA zero to peak +ve in steps of 0.5mA Constant current over 500-1500 Ohm
- Channels single
- Waveform Asymmetrical rectangular
- Max Pulse energy Total output limited to 25uC per pulse
- Power 2xAA Alkaline OR 2 x AA NiMH
- Battery life At least 15 hours at 50mA 300uS 50Hz,Adjustable Timer- 10, 20, 30 45, 60, 90 min Defaults to 20 min
- Pause button Clock key when running
- Output plug Fully shielded: touch proof mini USB
- Weight 90 gms without batteries
- Dimensions 110 x 53 x 30mm
itouch Sure Programme Settings:
- STRES: 50Hz ,300 uS, 5/10 sec, 20 mins
- URGE:10Hz, 200 uS, 5/10 sec, 20 mins.
- MIXED: 20Hz, 250 uS, 5/10 sec, 20 mins
- TONE: 35Hz, 250 uS, 3/6 sec, 20 mins