Easy to use digital TENS unit with 10 pre-set programmes, 2 manual set pre-set programmes and backlit LCD screen.The itouch Plus TENS unit offers relief from a wide range of pain: knee pain, shoulder pain, and back pain from a wide range of causes.
How TENS works
TENS is a method of natural pain relief used and recommended throughout the world by pain clinics and physiotherapy departments for all types of long term painNot only does TENS reduce your pain, it can also help you to reduce your need for painkillers. TENS is simply a means of stimulating your bodys own natural defences against pain.TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) delivers tiny, safe, electrical signals through conductive pads to stimulate the nerves under your skin. These signals act in two ways: They block the transmission of pain signals travelling in nearby nerves, stopping them going through the spinal cord to the brain, and they send their own message to the brain, triggering the release of endorphin - the bodys own natural painkiller.
How long can you use TENS?
In general, TENs only gives relief while you are using it. After a few hours the effect begins to wear off. You can stop for a while, then start a new session.
You can use your TENS machine as much, and as often, as you get benefit from it. Continuous treatment is fine, but electrodes should be repositioned regularly (at least every 12 hours) to allow the skin to be exposed to airThe Endorphin Release mode works better when the strength is high enough to cause small muscle contractions. After about 20 minutes with muscle contractions, the muscle may begin to ache. If this happens you should stop the session. Best results with Endorphin Release are achieved at between 20 and 40 minutes. Where no muscle contractions occur, sessions should be at least 20 minutes.
What types of pain does TENS help with?
It's simpler to describe the pain problems that TENS is not indicated in attempting to treat!
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) helps relieve all types of pain except most deep internal pain and pain arising from the mass in cancer. Even then, TENS units do help with Dysmenorrhea (Period Pain ) and Angina.
Some examples of conditions helped by TENS machines are:
Angina, Ankylosing spondylitis, Arthritis, Back Pain, Bell's Palsy, Bursitis, Dysmenorrhea, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Fibromyalgia, Labour pain, Multiple Sclerosis, Neck Pain, Osteoarthritis, Period Pain, Phantom Limb Pain, Raynauds, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI).
itouch Plus TENS Features:
- Pad Alarm - To ensure best performance the "itouch plus" has been fitted with a "Pad Alarm" that shows if the contact of any of the four pads to the body is lost or below standard.
- One Touch Memory Start TM - at the touch of only ONE button, the i-touch remembers and returns to the last settings used. It gently ramps up to around 75% of the last intensity level used, taking into account the natural tolerance that the body may have built up.
- Comfort Strength Control - Gives a known and reproducible stimulation. CSC monitors skin and electrode pad resistance and adjuststhe output to maintain a constant current, which is linked to intensity steps of 0.5mA, for maximum confort.
- Customised settings - Ability to select, store and alter any or all of the parameters, such as frequency, pulse width, mode and time to suit. Thereby producing "taylor made" individual programmes of choice.
- Usage Diary - Facility that remembers how long, and at what strength the unit has been used in each setting. Only records when pads are connected to patient giving a true usage.
- 24 hour clock
- 3 Daily alarm settings - Programmable on a daily or permanent basis which can be used as medication reminders.
- 2 in 1 Lead Connection - Unique single plug connection for both channels simplifying lead conection and management during use.
- 10 medically proven programmes.
- 2 year unit warranty.
itouch Plus User Guide
itouch TENS Technical Specifications:
- Waveform Asymmetric Biphasic, net zero DC
- Intensity 0-70mA zero to peak +ve in steps of 0.5mA Constant current over 500-1500 Ohm
- Memory Returns to last program used.Returns to 75% of last intensity used ramp over 4s
- Preset Programs 10 pre-set programmes and 2 manual set pre-set programmes