When the temperature outside plummets, and you’re surrounded by temptation in the form of delicious food and boozy cocktails, and you’re hiding your figure under layers of knitwear, it can be tempting to skip out on your workout.
But do so at your own risk!
Cast your mind back to the last time you had to start a running routine – do you remember how hard it was to get going? Do you really want to have to go through that again in spring?
Of course not!
The best way to keep your fitness levels up is to keep running and working out through the winter months. Not only will this help to tackle those extra Christmas calories, but keeping fit will also help you fight off the winter sniffles.
I can see you’re going to need a little more inspiration – how does a new winter wardrobe sound? I’ve been scouring the web to put together a round up of the coziest and most adorable fitness gear to help see you through these darker months.
- Safety first! Make sure you’re seen at nigh by ditching your darker jacket and opting for something bright and reflective. I love this white and pink waterproof jacket from Brooks Running.
- Next up, you’re going to want something thermal to help keep you warm. These thermal running pants from Brooks Running are perfect – and they’re a little looser than tights for those who get a bit self conscious (like me!)
- I am IN LOVE with this thermal long-sleeve shirt from Sweaty Betty. True, it’s designed for skiing, but I’m sure you could make use of it on a more blustery day in the UK.
- My biggest pet hate when running in winter is cold ears. ARGH! Keep your ears toasty with this fleece headband from Sweaty Betty. So adorable!
- Blisters are a big no-no. These double layer socks should help keep your toes warm, and stop any rubbing.
- I love this hoodie- it reminds me of the slouchy hoodie from Prometheus! On dry days it will be the perfect partner for a run in the park, or use it as a warm down hoodie for your next gym session.
- I love the lightweight construction of these New Balance running shoes – I need as little as possible holding me back in winter!
- And finally, a bright and cheerful water bottle to brighten up your day! Love the shade of this one from Sweaty Betty!
What’s on your winter workout wishlist? Let us know in the comments below!