1. You end up with soap in your eyes.
Since the Clarisonic is not designed to be used around your eyes, ending up with soap in them is a really bad sign. Try starting your cleansing routine with your chin, and then move to your forehead, and then finally each cheek. This will ensure any excess soap on the brush doesn’t drip down into your eyes.
2. Your skin isn’t that clean.
This could be a sign that you need to go freestyle with your cleansing routine and ditch the T-Timer. The T-Timer is to be used as a guide, but some people may find that they have specific areas on their face that need more attention, while others need little to no cleansing.
The Clarisonic plus has the default setting with beeps at 20, 40, and 50 seconds. To change this, press and hold the on/off button for 2 seconds, then release, and press 2 times and hold until you hear 1 long beep. Now, when you turn your Clarisonic on, you’ll be able to use it as you wish for 2 minutes. Perfect for a more customisable facial cleanse.
3. Your skin is irritated.
This could be one of three things; either you’re using the wrong brush head, the wrong cleanser, or you’re using too much pressure. Here’s how to remedy these problems…
- Choose a sensitive brush head for more delicate skin.
- Switch to a cleanser you’ve used before, just make sure it doesn’t have jagged exfoliating particles in it. Creamy, non-foaming cleansers tend to work better for sensitive skin, but it’s really all about what’s best for you.
- You don’t need to apply any pressure with the Clarisonic and should instead aim to skim the surface of your skin, particularly over any sensitive areas. Use a light circle motion to gently buff your skin to perfection.
4. Your skin is dry.
You may be using the wrong moisturiser. After you use your Clarisonic you absolutely must apply a good quality moisturiser. Since your pores will be fresh and clean, you want to make sure you’re not using something that will clog your pores again, so look for something called “non comedogenic.”
5. Your skin is more oily that usual.
If you find you have excess oil on your skin, this could be a sign that you need to use the Clarisonic less frequently than you think. Try only using it once a day, in the evening is better, and you’ll soon notice an improvement. Make sure you’re using a moisturiser that doesn’t contain any oil, too!