Beurer BM 60 Blood Pressure Monitor
Find out more
What is blood pressure?Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by the blood on the walls of the arteries (measured in mmHg).
Blood pressure is partially dependent on the following factors:
- the strength of your heartbeat
- the blood quantity
- the diameter of your vessels
- the elasticity of your vessels
- The higher systolic value indicates what pressure is present in the cardiovascular system when the heart muscle contracts and forces the blood into the body with all its strength.
- The lower diastolic value indicates the pressure at the moment the heart relaxes.
- from 140 over 90 mmHg are referred to as minor hypertension
- from 160 over 95 mmHg are referred to as major hypertension (high blood pressure).
How to measure correctly:Regular measurement of blood pressure is important. Every 5th adult over 40 years old is affected by high blood pressure. In most cases high blood pressure is discovered by chance.
- Hold the blood pressure monitor at level of heart
- Sit comfortably
- Hold arm still
- Do not speak
- Do not clench fists
- Do not move
- Relax before and during measurement
- Always measure at same time of day if possible